Thursday, December 19, 2013

Post College Life

I know I've been kind of MIA to the blogging world as of late and I apologize but that's because I've been so dang busy! Not that I can complain however it's all been so much fun! So here's when I've been up to since you last heard from me....

I graduated college! My diploma hasn't come in the mail yet but I still walked across a stage I front of 4,000 people (and managed not to trip). 

Kind of blurry but that is me walking behind the podium. 

This is after the graduation in Chicago.

The next day, I had a graduation party!

This is me and my cousin Natalie at the party. (visit her blog here)

I went on a date down town with Nick. It was extremely cold but we ended up ice skating and I got a very purple bruise on my hip from falling but it was still so much fun!

This is Nick and I just before getting on the ice! (Fun fact: Natalie made the scarf I'm wearing!)

I love all the lights in the city.

Ice skating at Millenium Park

Warming up at Starbucks. It was so cold I literally couldn't feel my toes, or my legs, or my hands, or my face... And I had those hand warmers in my gloves AND my boots. (FYI these are my new glasses!)

Between graduating and spending time with Nick, I learned a little bit about who my real friends are and who I can trust. I also spent a lot of time watching Christmas movies, and crocheting (I'll post more photos of that stuff later). And as I'm writing this post I'm also baking Christmas cookies! Yes, it is 1:30 am and yes, I work at 9 am, but it had to be done! I've been writing this post in between the 7 minute intervals the cookies are baking at. 

Festive cookie cutters!

Even my little elf has some flour on his nose!

Time to decorate them with icing! I'll post more photos of them complete! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season! 

5 more days 'til Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on graduation, Val!! I'm really excited for you. I'm so glad you liked the scarf. Also, I had a lot of fun at your party. :)

    ReplyDelete