Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Can't wait to see what 2014 has in store!

(Sorry in advance for the weird format, I'm posting this from my iPad.)
Nick and I :)

I'm so excited that 2014 has begun! It's a time for new beginnings, new friendships, and a new you with a clean slate. As cliche as it is to do have a New Years resolutions list, it can jump start the life you want to lead and ultimately lead you to your best self. I don't normally do a list, I usually have just one or two things in mind that I want to change and I usually stick to them. This year however is different for me. I just graduated college, and if feel I can now lead the life I want to lead. I have more time to do things with more meaning and spend more time with the people I care about. So instead of a New Years resolutions list, I'm making a new life resolutions list. These are not things I want to do just this year, but for the rest of my years.

From the left my mom, my sister Alli, me, and sister Sue.

My brother and I. 

My first resolutions I feel very strongly about is not having superficial friendships. I have found out a lot this year about who my true friends are. People I thought were my friends were not there for me when I needed them or did not support me in my decisions. I don't have time for these people anymore. I will not hold onto anymore friends that do not support me, or that aren't there for me like I have been there for them. I don't have the patients for fake friends anymore. Yes that sounds harsh but I mean it!

My dad and I.

Going off of that, my second resolution is to make more meaningful relationships with people. This includes everyone. My boyfriend, my family, my current friends and future friends. Even my dogs and cats! I want to make every relationship count, I want to put everything into every relationship I have to make them life long relationships. Because at the end of your life it's not about the things you have, but the people that are there for you.


Now those are my main resolutions, the ones I feel are most important. The rest are pretty cliche however they still apply! It seems impossible to not be cliche at a time like this!

If you've been following my blog you know lately I've been painting and crocheting. I want to do more of this. I want to be more creative and spend more time doing things like crocheting and painting instead of watching reruns on TV. (If we want to be realistic I'll probably be crocheting and painting while watching TV reruns). Also, I want to read more. I love to read but too often I decide to watch TV instead of finish the book I'm reading. I'm in the middle of reading The Story Telle by Jodi Picoult currently. When I finish with that I want to read some of the classic books I own but have never read.


Now we are getting really cliche because I really need to get back into shape. Between injuries, work and school I haven't had much time or strength to get back into the shape I want. Even still I'm having problems with my hip (which is especially hard because there really is no cardio you can without your hip). So my goal is to do more yoga, I even bought a package of 10 classes of hot yoga! Also, even though I can't run right now (hip problems) I'm going to get my cardio in on the stationary bike! (Not really that exciting bu oh well). Also, nick foundation book where you eat to your blood type to be healthier and I'm going to start following that as much as I can. I'm excited to get myself back to shape not only so I am satisfied with how I look but also just to keep myself as healthy as possible!


Lastly, I want to not spend my money on dumb things. Let me explain this further. I spend so much money on clothes that are similar to clothes I already own, socks when I'm too lazy to do laundry, phone cases when I'm bored of the one I already have, dog clothes my dog only wears once, and the list goes on and on. I'm hoping to eliminate this so I can save more money. Plus I honestly don't need more clothes, I can't even fit them all in my closet!


So starting today, the first day of 2014, I plan on putting effort towards all of these goals everyday. You can never reach your goal unless you do something everyday towards your goal. 

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

So cheers to a new year and a new life, may you achieve every one of your goals. Happy Need Year everyone! 

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment